Non Surgical Liposuction
Plastic surgery procedures have a reputation for being quite powerful. Surgical liposuction, for example, is able to generate amazing results for patients. But it’s not always the best option for everyone. In fact, many people–for a variety of reasons–are not good candidates for surgical liposuction. Other people simply prefer to avoid surgery if possible. Still others just don’t have to the time to invest in recovery. For those people, non surgical liposuction alternatives available to help you get results. Two of the most popular non surgical liposuction alternatives include the following:
- Coolsculpting: Known as a way to eliminate fat without the need for surgery, Coolsculpting is a great way to contour your body and get back to your daily routine. The secret to Coolsculpting is the way it uses the power of cold to eliminate fat. It turns out that fat cells in your body have a significantly lower threshold for cold than skin cells do. So, by subjecting the target area to extreme cold, the fat cells are destroyed and the skin cells remain unscathed. The added bonus of the use of cold is that it numbs the skin, so patients usually feel only minimal discomfort. Coolsculpting, therefore, is a common and popular way to eliminate a little bit of fat.
- VelaShape: We’re not used to thinking about cellulite as fat, but that’s exactly what it is. In most cases, cellulite is a type of fat that is pressing against the a matrix of other tissues (that’s what causes the telltale dimpling of cellulite). Getting rid of cellulite, therefore, sometimes involves eliminating that fat. Velashape does this using the energy of a laser treatment. It’s a non surgical procedure, though in some cases there can be a few days of recovery involved (mainly due to redness). Velashape and Velasmooth are both great ways to get rid of cellulite.
Non surgical procedures is a field that is quite expansive and continues to grow rapidly. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are some novel non surgical procedures that we’ll be adding to this list soon.
Why Get A Non Surgical Liposuction Alternative?
Of course, this raises the question of why one might get a non invasive liposuction option in the first place. If you get bigger and bolder results from surgery, why not just get surgery? The most general answer is that surgery simply isn’t the best fit for everybody. In fact, people might want to avoid surgery for some of the following reasons:
- Patients might have health conditions that make surgery problematic or unsuitable
- Patients might have only subtle areas of fat that they want to eliminate
- Patients may have cost considerations (non surgical procedures tend to be less costly than surgical procedures)
- Patients might need to go back to work quickly after the procedure or be unable to take time off for recovery
- Patients might want results more quickly than surgical procedures can provide
- Patients might simply want to try non-surgical liposuction before trying surgical procedures
Every patient is different. That’s why these non surgical procedures were developed in the first place. Candidates for cosmetic lipo (or non surgical lipo) might get excellent results from these procedures. By the same token, these non surgical versions of liposuction open up an entirely new world of possibility for patients who found surgical liposuction to be a challenging prospect.
These non surgical variations of liposuction also allow patients to, in a manner of speaking, dip their toes into the world of plastic surgery. For many people, the notion of going under the knife is a pretty big event–and doing it for cosmetic or aesthetic reasons might seem like a bridge too far. But procedures such as Coolsculpting or Kybella don’t seem particularly insulated–that is, they don’t seem like they’re difficult to break into. In that way, they’re a nice entry point for many patients.
All Gain with No (Less) Pain
It’s our suspicion that non surgical versions of liposuction will become more popular as time goes on and that more such procedures will become available. Cosmetic procedures have never been more popular, and demand for these procedures has never been more intense. Kybella and Coolsculpting and Verona could all just be the beginning.
To find out more about cosmetic liposuction techniques, look into one of our highly qualified contributing surgeons.