Summary: The beginning of the year is a time for reflections and resolutions. Many people resolve to live a healthier lifestyle and lose weight during the new year. However, weight loss can prove to be quite a challenge. Even with rigorous diet and exercise, people are often left with stubborn areas of unwanted fat that just won’t go away. colors . Liposuction and non-invasive liposuction alternatives are popular options for getting rid of these frustrating trouble spots.
Every new year brings many new resolutions. If you, like many others, have resolved to lose weight and commit to a healthier lifestyle this year, read on.
Losing weight is not an easy feat, and it’s not unusual for people to become discouraged and give up. Don’t let that be you! Before you can reap the worthwhile benefits of a healthier lifestyle — such as rocking those skinny jeans you’ve been eyeing for months or flaunting a hot new bikini beach body — there are a number of challenges you will have to overcome.
What to Do When Exercise Falls Short
Although diet and exercise are the foundation of a healthy lifestyle, they cannot always give you the aesthetic results you want. Even some of the healthiest people struggle with stubborn areas of unwanted fat. Once you’ve achieved all you can through your commitment to a healthy lifestyle, you may need to take a step back and re-evaluate your goals and expectations.
If you’re dissatisfied with your results from diet and exercise alone, you’re not out of luck just yet. Among the top 5 cosmetic surgical procedures in 2012, liposuction is a popular choice for a wide range of patients. Dr. Michael J. Weinberg, a plastic surgeon practicing liposuction in Toronto, discusses the reasons behind the procedure’s popularity on his blog:
- It can be done on many treatment areas, including the trouble areas such as the abdomen, buttocks, and thighs, as well as stubborn fat in the knees, neck, and chin areas.
- It can be combined with other surgeries, such as breast augmentation or tummy tuck surgery, to achieve even more drastic results.
- It is among the most affordable cosmetic surgeries, landing a national average surgeon fee of $2,852 according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons® 2012 Plastic Surgery Statistic Report.
- It has a short recovery time with techniques such as tumescent liposuction, which only require mild sedation, not heavy anesthesia. Many patients are able to resume normal activities within a day or 2.
- New advancements, such as tumescent liposuction, make the process easier and more comfortable all the time.
All-in-all, liposuction is generally effective at removing those pesky fat deposits that refuse to go away despite all your efforts, especially if you undergo massive weight loss.
Non-Invasive Options for a Slimmer Figure
Perhaps surgical liposuction isn’t for you, but you still want to slim down a few minor trouble areas. There’s also a number of effective and affordable non-surgical body contouring options available these days.
LipoSonix™, a non-invasive treatment option, uses high-frequency ultrasound to target specific areas of fat at precise depths beneath the skin. The focused ultrasound beam destroys the targeted fat, which is then eliminated by the body’s natural cleansing process over several weeks following treatment. LipoSonix is generally a bit cheaper than traditional liposuction.
Another popular non-surgical fat eliminating treatment with no downtime required is CoolSculpting®. CoolSculpting is an FDA-cleared device that uses precisely controlled cooling to destroy fat cells and eliminate unwanted rolls, love handles, and pooches.
Achieving your goals is important, especially when it comes to your body. Start your year off right by eating healthy and focusing on maintaining your fitness goals. If you find you’ve hit a wall, don’t be discouraged. compare hotel prices Speak with a qualified physician about your expectations and concerns. A doctor can help you get back on track so that you can end 2014 with a banging body.